First and Second Grade
Susmann, McHugh and Dessureau
Parent/teacher communication. These items should come home in a briefcase/homework folder and a book bag. They should also bring them back to school everyday! You can help build this responsibilty by taking time each night to check their briefcase/homework folder and reading books from their book bag. Then prepare their backpack with these items for the next day of school.
The Parent's Part!
Good Start To A Great Day! This is a list of things you can do to support your child's success in the school day:
- Make sure their briefcase/homework folder comes to school everyday.
- Make sure their bookbag comes to school everyday.
- Remind them to pack and wear the proper outdoor clothing for the day.
- Have them pack two healthy snacks and a beverage everyday!(we do not get milk from the cafeteria in first grade)
- Check the special for the day and be sure they have what they "need". (i.e. sneakers, get messy clothes, library books)
- We do have a school dress code. Help your child choose clothes that make sense for a busy, physically active day!
- Know your child's share day and help them prepare for it. See the Newsletter for weekly focused shares.
- Include in your child's briefcase/homework folder, information about special celebrations or concerns. These really do have an impact on their learning. The more we know, the better we can support their efforts.